LASER GENESIS MED SPA: BEST SKIN CARE CLINIC IN MISSISSAUGA
Excessive oiliness is caused by tiny sebaceous glands found beneath the surface of the skin in the dermal layers. They are a part of the hair shaft and they empty the sebum (oil) onto the surface of the skin through the hair shaft.
It the T-Zone, forehead, nose and chin area that is most concentrated with the sebaceous glands although they are found scattered all over the body with the exception of palm and soles.
Sebum is a complex blend of fats that combines with the dead cells and forms blackheads. The overproduction of sebum is due to the over stimulation of hormone Dihydrotestosterone. Although it first appears at the time of puberty and can affect both boys and girls it can happen in adults as well. Body undergoes a change at the time of pregnancy or menopause which may disturb the oil mantle.
It is a condition that is only cosmetic in nature although it could be a concern for causing shiny appearance and low self-esteem. Oily skin generally appears shiny, thick and coarse. The pores are generally enlarged and open. People with oily skin are more prone to acne and blemishes.
Although anyone may be affected with this condition genetics, diet, weather, certain medications like birth control, cosmetics may cause oily skin.
Frequently asked questions?
Eating fried food does not really cause excessive oil production but eating healthy does help maintain healthy skin.
Consuming too much sugar and fat breaks down the collagen thus compromising the skin health. The skin feels this trauma and produces more oil to protect your skin and you end up with oily skin.
- Over washing with harsh facial wash should be avoided, it only strips your skin of natural oil, in return body produces more to compensate for the lost oil.
- Don’t use very hot water to wash, instead use tepid water.
- Use gentle face wash with AHA and BHA to gently cleans and exfoliate your skin.
- Use a gentle scrub twice a week.
- Use a mask once a week to absorb excess oil.
- Apply oil free moisturizer after every time you wash.
- Add fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet.
- Drink plenty of water
- Exercise helps in better blood circulation and reduces inflammation which in turn helps to regulate your hormones.
Do call Laser Genesis Skin Clinic to schedule your Free Consultation appointment today!